How can I apply for a passport if I have sight loss?

HM Passport Office provides a telephone application service if you’re blind or partially sighted.

Someone will fill the form in for you using the information you provide. It will be posted to you to check, sign and return with the relevant documents, payment and photos. Call:

  • 0800 138 8808

You can also request the passport guidance booklet in an alternative by calling the Passport Adviceline on:

  • 0300 222 0000

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation