How can I get extra support during a power cut?

UK Power Networks provide extra support to customers on their Priority Services Register in London, the East and South East of England during a power cut. The support provided includes: 
  • A priority number that you can call 24 hours a day 
  • A dedicated team who will contact you to keep you updated during a power cut 
  • Putting you in touch with an expert who can offer you advice on energy bills and energy saving tips if this is important to you
  • Tailored support if needed such as home visits, hot meals, advice and keeping your friends and relatives updated 
  • In certain scenarios they may also offer a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel 

You can receive support if you:

  • are blind or partially sighted
  • are deaf or hard of hearing 
  • rely on medical equipment 
  • are chronically ill 
  • have a disability 
  • have dementia 
  • are of pensionable age 
  • have children under five in your household

Visit UK Power Networks to register online or contact them on:

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation