How can I arrange a social care assessment?

Your first step to getting help from social services should be to contact them and explain that you have sight loss and would like an assessment of your needs.

You can find your local council to arrange an assessment on the Gov.UK website:

Further information on the help you can receive from your local social services department in England can be found in our Help from Social Services leaflet:

For more information and advice contact our Helpline:

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation