How can I adapt my teaching to include a child with vision impairment in my class?

Your first move should be to seek the advice of a Qualified Teacher (of Children) with Vision Impairment (QTVI) from your local authority’s Visual Impairment Service. You can find contact details for your local team using our Local Offer database. Their role is to assess a child's visual needs and advise on curriculum access strategies.

Further information can also be found in a number of useful guides on our Teaching and learning guidance webpages. 

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation