What support and funding is available at university?

There is a variety of support available to you whilst at university. It could range from specialist equipment to non medical helper support. More information can be found on our Negotiating support webpages. 

Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs) are allowances towards the extra course costs students can face as a direct result of their sight condition and/or other disabilities. DSAs enable you to study and have access to course materials on an equal basis to other students and are paid in addition to the standard student finance package.

You can find out more about DSA, Grant awarding charities and Government funding schemes on our Disabled Students Allowance and other funding webpage.


Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation