What are the career options for working with blind and partially sighted children and young people?

Depending on your background, there are several roles you might like to explore. If you are a teacher, you could train as a Qualified Teacher of Children and Young People with Vision Impairment (QTVI).

Another professional role involves working as a Habilitation Officer, helping children and young people to develop their mobility and independent living skills.

Alternatively you might like to consider working as a teaching assistant supporting a child or young person in the classroom.

More information

You can find out more about all three options and the training available in our factsheet:

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation