Where can I find support for blind and partially sighted parents?
Organisations that provide support to parents with sight loss
- VI Parents RNIB email list is a members only email group for parents who are blind or partially sighted.
- Disabled Parents Network provide information, advice, peer support and advocacy and an online forum. Call 0300 3300 639 or email email@example.com.
- Henshaws has a group called VIPAR (visually impaired parents and relatives), which they run in the North East and North West of England.
- RNIB can connect you with support groups and local events for families - see events listings on the Action for blind people website.
Groups run by parents
The following groups we are linking to for information purposes only. RNIB is not responsible for the content or accessibility of these groups.
- Blind Mums Connect - yahoo group links visually impaired mums from all over the UK, so they can share information and support one another. For membership or associate membership forms and an eZine, contact firstname.lastname@example.org - soon you could be chatting to other parents over Skype!
- Facebook - blind mums connect - keeps you in touch with support for parents with sight loss. You can also tweet: @blindmums to get in touch.