Ask RNIB answers your questions about living with sight loss, eye health or being newly diagnosed with a sight condition. Type your question into the search box above or use the links to browse.
Money and benefits FAQs
- What benefits am I entitled to as a blind or partially sighted person?
- What's the difference between Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment? Can I apply for any of them?
- Do I have to be registered blind or partially sighted to receive Attendance Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or Disability Living Allowance?
- Am I entitled to Personal Independence Payment?
- Can I claim Blind Person’s Allowance?
- Can I get money off my council tax?
- How can blind or partially sighted people use debit and credit cards more easily?
- Can I get a free TV licence?
- What is Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?
- Do I have to pay VAT on items I buy if I'm blind or partially sighted?