Where can I get help with submitting a claim for benefits?

Depending on the benefit you are claiming there are various organisations who may be able to assist.

DWP Benefits

The DWP may be able to offer a referral to their home visiting service.  This service is offered to vulnerable people that cannot get assistance elsewhere to claim.  You should call the relevant DWP benefit team to ask if you can be referred.

Local Authority Benefits

The majority of claims for benefits administered by your local authority are claimed online but you may be able to request a paper claim form and in some areas the local authority may provide some support with completing the application.  You should check with your local authority what services they offer.

Local societies

Some local sight loss charities can assist with completing benefit claim forms.  You can find details of your local charity on the Sightline Directory, by entering your postcode and the search words 'local society'

Local advice agencies

Some advice agencies may be able to provide support in completing benefit claim forms such as Citizens Advice Bureau or AgeUK.  

If you are not sure what benefits you are entitled to see What benefits am I entitled to as a blind or partially sighted person?

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation