Can I keep claiming my benefits if I'm going abroad?


Depending on where you are going and how long you are going for you may still be able to claim some benefits.

Further information on which benefits you can claim and for how long can be found on the Gov.UK claiming benefits if you move, live or travel abroad webpages.

If you are claiming Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payments you should contact the DWP Exportability Team for advice: 

If you are claiming Carers Allowance you should contact the Carers Allowance Exportability Team for advice:

You can also contact our Helpline:

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation