Ask RNIB answers your questions about living with sight loss, eye health or being newly diagnosed with a sight condition. Type your question into the search box above or use the links to browse.
Concessions and discounts FAQs
- Can I get money off my council tax?
- Can I get a free TV licence?
- Do I have to pay VAT on items I buy if I'm blind or partially sighted?
- Can I have my glasses paid for?
- Can I get any discounts when visiting the cinema because of my sight loss?
- Do I need to pay for prescriptions?
- What is the Articles for the Blind scheme?
- What tax allowances am I entitled to?
- Does the Articles for the Blind scheme still exist now that Royal Mail has been privatised?