Can I get money off my council tax?

There are four different ways in which you could reduce your Council Tax bill. Although the four ways are not specifically for blind and partially sighted people, one or all of them may apply to you.

  1. Your local Council Tax support scheme that helps people on low incomes.
  2. The disability reduction scheme.
  3. Single person's discount.
  4. Second adult rebate.

Find out more here about these four schemes and if they apply to you.

Our factsheet also has more information:

Debt Advice

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax or other bills/debts, see the Debt Advice  page for help finding an expert debt adviser. Council Tax is a priority debt, with potentially serious consequences for not paying. It is important that action is taken by the customer at the earliest opportunity to address any arrears or potential arrears.

For further information and advice please contact our Helpline on:

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation