Can I get help with my debts?

We always recommend that you talk to the company that you owe the debt to first. They may be able to work out a reasonable payment plan with you, some companies such as utility providers, may even have a hardship fund that can help you out.

You can also contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau as they may have a specialist debt department, that can help you . You can find your local office on the Citizens Advice website.

There are many other reputable, free, face-to-face debt advice providers. You can find a local provider by visiting the Money Advice Service website.

You can also contact our Helpline:

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation