Where can I find a care home for older blind and partially sighted people?

All care homes across the country should welcome blind and partially sighted residents, as they should be accessible to all older people no matter what disabilities they may have.

For advice and information about finding a care home please contact our Helpline:

You can also find out more information on moving to a care home on the Age UK website.

However, if you are interested in a more specialist care home, permanent and short-stay accommodation is available for older people with sight loss at RNIB’s three residential homes:

Find residential homes near you on the Sightline Directory by entering your postcode and the search words 'Supported housing' or 'care home'. You can 

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation