Where can I find a care home for older blind and partially sighted people?

All care homes across the country should welcome blind and partially sighted residents, and they should be accessible to older people no matter what disabilities they may have. We can offer advice and information about finding a care home if you call our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or email helpline@rnib.org.uk. You can also find out more information on moving to a care home from Age UK.

However, if you are interested in moving to a more specialist care home, permanent and short-stay accommodation is available for older people with sight loss at RNIB’s three residential homes. These are:

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation