How do I get an eye test at home?

If you have difficulty leaving the house, it is possible to arrange for an optometrist (optician) to visit your home to give you a full eye test. This is known as a domiciliary eye test.

Your local optometrist or GP should be able to tell you who can provide eye tests at home in your area.

For more information see our eye examinations at home web page or contact our Helpline:

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation