Can I get support locally?

There are many types of local support from short-term, one-off assistance to longer and on-going help. 

Statutory support

Your local social services department is able to offer advice, support and rehabilitation to help you remain independent. 

Please see What sort of help can I receive from social services?

Local support

In addition to these statutory services you may have a local sight loss charity that provides support, training and guidance that could help you. You can find details of your local charity on the Sightline Directory, by entering your postcode and the search words 'local society'.

We also run both face to face and telephone Living with Sight Loss Courses around the UK that you may find beneficial. More information can be found on their Living with Sight Loss webpages. These courses cover a range of topics including getting out and about, tips and gadgets for everyday living, hobbies, assistive technology and welfare rights.


Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation