How can I apply for a bus pass or a rail card?

Bus travel

If you are registered as blind or partially sighted, you have another recognised disability or you are over 60, you are entitled to either free or discounted bus travel. Your local council should issue bus passes. However entitlements do vary depending on where you live. Find out more about applying for a bus pass.

Train travel

A Disabled Persons Railcard costs £20 for one year or £54 for three years. The card entitles you to a third off advance, off-peak and anytime train fares. If you travel with a companion, they get the same discount. There is also a range of other discounts associated with the railcard. To get a Disabled Persons Railcard you need to fill out a form at your local train station or complete a form on the Disabled Persons Railcard website.

Find out more about applying for a Disabled Persons Railcard.

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation