How do I arrange orientation training on campus and in my local area when I start university?

As soon as you know which university you will be attending, it is important to discuss with the Disability Office, mobility training around the university and the area where you will be living.

It is important to find out who will be providing the mobility training. Although this will vary from university to university, in most cases, DSA will only cover the cost of mobility training around campus, not offsite.  You should therefore contact your local social services department (this will be the department nearest to your home address, not your university if you are moving away).  You will find useful information about this in our ‘Negotiating support – what to consider’ guide.

Did this answer your question?

Your feedback will help us to keep improving this website.

Make a donation

Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most.

Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.

Regular donation Single donation